Can you eat sushi on a diet?av_timer08/30/2019
Ladies who are looking after their appearance, chasing a slender body and at the same time fond of oriental cuisine, should know that you can eat sushi on a diet, and in general, can this dish become part of a diet for losing weight. Nutritionists say that sushi is allowed on a diet, but not all. About what benefits and harms sushi bring to the body, and what types of dishes you can eat during a diet, will be discussed in this article.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before moving on to the answer to the question - what kind of sushi and rolls can you eat on a diet, you should still familiarize yourself with the advantages and disadvantages of this traditional Japanese dish.
Among the advantages are:
- Few components. The main ingredients used to make rolls and sushi are vegetables, rice, raw or cooked fish. The dish does not contain fats, food additives and other harmful components.
- You can choose composition. Sushi components can be high-calorie or light. A weight watcher may opt for vegetables and healthy fats instead of carbohydrates.
- Nori seaweed is rich in iodine, calcium and iron - vital components that are necessary for people who often restrict themselves in nutrition.
- Lots of omega-3 fats. Most varieties of this Japanese dish include fish meat, which, as many people know, is rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Despite the large number of advantages that characterize sushi, you should not discount the cons:
- Calorie content. Some types of fish used to make sushi are high in calories, which is not very good for a weight management person.
- The toppings are the real bomb. Spicy mayonnaise sauce, avocado pieces, fish caviar on top of sushi - a huge amount of excess fat and calories.
- Excess salt. Most salt is found in soy sauce, which is often served with sushi.
- Rice. Despite the fact that rice is a healthy cereal , she should not get carried away on a diet because of the high content of carbohydrates.
Do not forget that sushi and rolls are forbidden to eat for people suffering from food allergies, as well as diseases of the digestive system. Japanese cuisine in Russia often becomes a source of serious poisoning. Therefore, before trying a dish, you should evaluate the smell, appearance, inquire about the reputation of the establishment.
What sushi can be on a diet, and which ones should be avoided?
Not all types of sushi bring benefits to the body. Many restaurants in our country prepare a dish using unhealthy rice, which contains a lot of carbohydrates and calories. Nutritionists advise giving preference to sushi made from special varieties of rice, the grain of which is tight, transparent, crumbly.
It is better for dieters to give up additional high-calorie components in sushi, for example, toppings with smoked eel, cream cheese, red caviar. A self-respecting oriental restaurant should have a large selection of different types of sushi and rolls in its assortment, from which you will certainly find an option that is safe for your figure. Diet rolls contain an average of 90-140 kcal per 100 g. To get enough and enjoy the dish, just 200-250 g is enough.
Dieters should avoid fried sushi and breaded rolls. Soy sauce is also banned because it contains a lot of salt, which is completely excluded in some diets. A great option for a diet sauce is wasabi dressing, which can be eaten in unlimited quantities.
When and how much sushi can be on a diet?
Rolls and sushi are an indigestible dish, so eating it for breakfast is not recommended even for healthy people. For lunch, you are allowed to eat no more than 10 pieces. And if you decide to have sushi for dinner, then limit yourself to 6 - 8 pieces.
A dieter can afford sushi and rolls for lunch and dinner. Many Japanese, adhering to this rule, live quietly up to a hundred years, while not complaining about excess weight and health problems.
Nutritionists advise spending one-day fasting days on sushi. During the day, losing weight is allowed to use:
- rolls - no more than 500 g;
- green tea - 1.5 liters.
Despite the scarcity of the diet, usually a person does not feel hunger, as the rolls saturate and energize well. For one such unloading day, it is possible to throw off about 500 - 600 g per day. Dieters, in addition to sushi, are recommended to include in the menu no less popular and dietary dishes - sashimi and misso soups. These hearty, healthy meals will help you quickly lose weight, saturate the body with vital substances and always feel great.
Share with your friends
Might be interesting
The Japanese diet for 14 days is a phenomenon that is of constant interest to dreamers ...
The recipe for effective and fast weight loss within a month, or better than a week, begins ...
A diet minus 10 kg suggests that in a short time, usually 7 to 14 days, it will be possible ...