Diet for bowel diseaseav_timer10/08/2019
A diet for bowel disease is indispensable for adults and children who are worried about constant pain in the organs of the digestive system. Gastroenterologists advise patients diagnosed with colitis, enterocolitis, dysentery and irritable bowel syndrome to adhere to the diet rule number 4. Such a diet is long and must be observed even when the bowel function returns to normal.
Therapeutic Diet for Bowel Disease #4: Goals
Table number 4 is a therapeutic diet, which is recommended for people suffering from such intestinal pathologies:
- acute and chronic colitis;
- gastroenterocolitis diagnosed at the initial stage of progression;
- intestinal tuberculosis;
- typhoid fever;
- stomach diseases.
Following the rules of diet number 4, you will be able to achieve the following results:
- Eliminate putrefactive, fermentation processes in the rectum.
- Restore the functions of the digestive system.
- Eliminate inflammatory complications.
- Provide the body with essential vitamins and nutrients.
- Provide a diet with food that does not provoke mechanical and thermal irritation of the gastrointestinal tract.
Diet Options #4
Each subtype of diet has its own goals and purpose. What kind of table number is suitable in an individual case, the doctor who treats the disease will decide. If you strictly follow the rules, in a month there will be an improvement in the functioning of the digestive tract.
The table of this variety is considered inferior, so this food is not kept for long, a maximum of 5 days. The diet is designed for patients suffering from increased gas formation, diarrhea, exacerbation of IBS symptoms. The maximum daily calorie content is 1600 kcal.
This variant of the treatment table is prescribed by patients during periods of exacerbation of chronic inflammatory intestinal diseases, accompanied by disruption of the work of such organs:
- bile ducts;
The table of this variety is physically complete. It can be kept for a long time. The energy value of the diet is 2900 kcal and above. The diet is limited to dishes that chemically and mechanically irritate the digestive organs. All products are steamed or boiled. Ready meals should be ground to a puree-like consistency. The allowed number of meals is 6 times a day.
The regimen is prescribed for patients who have undergone surgery on the stomach, intestines. The diet is also indicated for people who are recovering from an exacerbated inflammatory complication that has affected the digestive system. Diet 4b is considered physically complete. The menu strictly limits the amount of salt consumed, as well as dishes that cause chemical and mechanical irritation, enhancing fermentation and putrefactive processes.
All products are steamed. It is allowed to bake dishes in the oven. Food must be crushed before consumption. The diet is fractional, the number of meals is 6 times. The energy value of the diet is 3140 kcal.
What foods are allowed?
The following foods should be present in the daily diet:
- Croutons made from wheat bread.
- Low-fat, light meat and fish soups, broths.
- Pureed unleavened cottage cheese, kefir.
- Lean meat: veal, chicken, rabbit, turkey.
- Soft-boiled eggs , as well as in the form of a steamed omelette.
- Buckwheat , rice, oatmeal porridge, grated to a puree-like consistency.
- Vegetarian broths.
- Raw apples, pears, crushed in a blender or on a grater.
- Decoctions of rose hips, black currants, green tea.
What will have to be abandoned?
Table number 4 involves the exclusion from the diet of such products:
- White bread, sweet pastries.
- Fatty, rich soups.
- Smoked products, canned meat, caviar.
- Milk and dairy products with high fat content.
- Macaroni, barley, millet, pearl barley porridge.
- Fried eggs, as well as boiled hard boiled.
- Raw fruits, berries.
- Any sweets, including honey, jam.
- Cocoa and coffee with milk, cream.
Share with your friends
Might be interesting
A diet for hemorrhoids in men helps to fight the manifestation of this unpleasant disease.
Every nutritionist will tell you that a diet for women over 50 should be special....
A diet for high cholesterol is prescribed to absolutely all patients who are diagnosed with ...